WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS) and the most popular one in use today with more than 60 million websites and blogs powered by it. Because WordPress website design gives users easy access to manage their pages and posts at no cost, designers and developers can create custom website designs for the WordPress platform far faster and cheaper than traditional custom content management systems such as Joomla, DotNetNuke (DNN), and others.
Benefits of Using WordPress for Website Design
- You save money by using an open source (free) platform
- Ease of updating your website in real time from any computer or device
- Multiple user roles and custom permissions
- Minimum learning curve with numerous training resources available
- No HTML/CSS knowledge needed
- Search engine optimization (SEO) friendly
- Growth potential (can be reskinned and expanded)
- Free WordPress updates
- Website Security
- You’re not locked into WordPress, if you dislike WordPress you can export your content and move to any of the popular Content Management Systems available.
Everything comes with drawbacks, WordPress is no exception.
Drawbacks to Using WordPress
We often here concerns about using the top content management system (WordPress) on the the market today.
- WordPress is specifically targeted every day by hackers which means your website needs to be up to date constantly. When hosting with IQComputing, we take care of that for you.
- Applications such as Event Calendars and E-Commerce solutions do not come pre-packaged with WordPress but must be added as an extension or Plugin.
- Any customization needs to be done by a St. Louis wordpress website developers, you’ll have access to content and images but not website background colors and fonts.